About me

About Me

This might be the shortest 'about me' ever, lets see 😀

I started using computers back in the 1980's and eventually did a distance learning course on Computer repair and upgrade in 1999. Not long after that I secured a job as a computer technician in a local school. This involved various tasks, but mainly looking after the suites of Acorn thin client computers and the Acorn Risc PC's. The network was very small at the time, but there were plans to expand it. The network expanded and I was now looking after a much larger network. We still had thin client computers, but these were running Windows Server NT4. This soon got changed to Windows Server 2000.Fast forward 20 years and I am still at the same school, but now am the Network Manager. Servers have come and gone and so have technicians. Now I am looking after the whole campus on my own, because the "budget" will not stretch to a technician.

I have been repairing and upgrading computers locally for many years, but this is very ad-hoc and I will normally only do this for friends and family now. I have obviously gained a great deal of knowledge during my twenty years in my role and have to try and keep up with more modern technology.

Covid-19 has thrown up many challenges, what with remote learning etc.

What I want to do with this blog is to gradually add tutorials for various computer related issues and if these help anyone then that would be great.

If you have any computer related issues that you want help with, please let me know. Also if you have an issue that you would like covered as a post, let me know.

KCS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing Windows 10